The Quintilian School is an independent, co-educational, non-denominational, fee paying, community based primary school for children aged from three to 12 years of age.
At the heart of the school is an ethos of providing not only academic excellence but teaching the children social skills and a lifelong love of learning.
But like many independent schools The Quintilian School was facing a series of challenges which was going to impact on student numbers and the ability for the school to evolve and grow.
With a view that any reduction in enrollments may eventually have an impact on the facilities and the quality of education that the school could provide, the school council and leadership team decided to act.
In 2016 the school engage Intersect to develop and implement an integrated marketing strategy.
The major objectives of the program were:
- Reinvigorate interest in Quintilian and expose the school’s key benefits to a wider group of people.
- Be considered by those who may be looking for school which is not only child centric but also academically strong
- Strengthen the schools long term position and as a result grow other areas in the school eg gifted and talented program, staff development, sport etc.
- Communicate the values of Quintilian to prospective students/student parents
After a full assessment of Quintilian’s brand position and the schools marketing needs Intersect went on to:
- Develop a brand which captured the attention of the school’s primary audiences and embodied the brand values, personality and values of Quintilian
- Implementation of new branding across all collateral, signage and advertising
- Create a strategic marketing plan in consultation with Council
- Develop and implement an integrated advertising campaign. This included for the first time an outdoor campaign strategically located within the school’s primary catchment area, press ads campaign within local newspapers, launch and implementation of social media strategy on Facebook and Instagram, creation and launch of a new website and scripting, recording and editing of testimonial videos for promotional use across YouTube and the school website.
A more cohesive colourful brand which is representative of the values and ethos of Quintilian.
Increase in web traffic by internal and external target audiences.
Successful development of a social media community where exposure and awareness of the school has grown exponentially within key target audiences.
Brand awareness and ultimately engagement for each term’s Open Day.